Tuesday, April 20, 2010

What's New?

How often we are asked, "What's new with you?" and the most common reply is...'nothing, same ole, same ole"....well, I have something new...they are my new contacts....because my 40+ eyes no longer see like they used to.
It started about 2 years ago, when I found I couldn't read the newspaper anymore...then I needed reading glasses to read a book (and I love to read~so that was important to me).
Then about a year ago I noticed that I was unable to read the patient's ID band anymore...but it was all good~just slip on a pair of cute glasses and all problems were solved.
Well, within the last few months it has gotten to the point that I can't read much at all...so the glasses go on for things like checking a baby ID band, or writing out a delivery time, or seeing the fetal heart rate on the computer screen. Sounds like an easy fix....just keep the glasses handy in our pocket, Right??
No - not so easy. I find that I put them on to fill out a baby band, but then look up to take care of my patient or get something for a doctor in a C/Section and I can't see across the room or I get a little dizzy. My long distance vision is good. So the glasses go on/off, on/off, on/off and it drives me crazy!!!
So this past week I got my first pair of contacts. I need a bit of a modification in them...but it is better and I'll a least be able to do a delivery without going insane :)

No comments: