Monday, April 8, 2013

Wedding Shower

Before I post more wedding photos I thought I'd back track and post the photos from Erika's wedding shower.

The last couple of weeks have been a blur of activity and preparations.
One of Erika's maids of honor(Katie) is also a nurse.
Being nurses we have to work weekends,
So finding a weekend where we both were off and able to host a shower for Erika was tough.
But we made it work.
We combined friends, family and Bunco ladies to have one large shower at my mother's house.
I made most of the food - we had tea type sandwiches - egg salad ones shaped like a wedding cake, circular cucumber ones, and rectangular shaped chicken salad ones. 
I also made a couple of salads.
Tim's mom brought most of the desserts.

The focus of the day was on the bride to be!

Her soon to be sister-in-law was in charge of the decorations (since that is not an area that I excel in - we each have our gifts, right??)
The color theme was blue and yellow....to match the upcoming wedding.
Of course Meghan threw in some vintage touches also since Erika loves the vintage look.
(she told me she thinks she might have been born in the wrong century)

Flowers were done by her girlfriends (flowers bought wholesale to help keep our costs down)






Sister Michelle documented the day in photos

Erika, my mother and I

My mother and a couple of her friends

My sister Darlene and a friend that we grew up with - Jennifer

Erika's friends and roommates from Biola
Brittnee, Sarah, Connie and Katie

Connie and Erika

A nurse that I know from work makes these awesome cookies as a hobby.  She hardly charges anything and they taste as good as they look.  

The dessert and drink table





Erika's friend Kelsie made this corn-hole game for people to play.  Erika also used it at her wedding and people had lots of fun with it...a sort of personal touch

Brittnee, Sarah and Tim's mom, Cathy

Of course there were so many nice gifts.
Erika hates being the center of attention but she sure enjoyed seeing all of the things that she received that will make her house a home.
Lot of oohs and ahhs abounded.


More of Erika's friends and roommates from Biola
They all have a part to play in the wedding - either as coordinators or as bridesmaids.
Kelsie, Danielle, Katie (Maid of Honor), Erika, Connie, Brittnee, Sarah
She has the greatest friends.  
I love them just as much as she does :)

Brittnee hard at work on the bow bouquet

The happy bride to be ~



Thanks to everyone that helped with the shower and to my mother for allowing us to use her house!
It warms my heart to see others spoil my baby girl~
Debbie

No comments: