Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Whirlwind

This past weekend was a whirlwind of activites...starting with a little girls trip up the coast to Santa Barbara. Michelle, Lily and I spent the weekend together ~ introducing Lily to a little
adventure. We were really going to a track meet at Westmont but had other fun too.
Michelle did all of the driving...which was quite nice I must admit! We went to the meet all day Friday and Saturday, drove home Saturday evening, got up early Sunday am for the March of Dimes walk then Buzz and I drove all the way out to Apple Valley to attend a friends delivery. It was crazy fun, and I was exhausted by the end of the weekend. But then again ~ I'd probably get bored if my plate weren't full.
Speaking of full plate...here is what dinner looked like Friday night...
yummy crab dinner on the end of the Santa Barbara pier...but someone wasn't quite sure that funny looking thing was really something one would eat. I on the other hand found it quite yummy.The view was so nice and Lily enjoyed seeing the dolphins and seals and she wanted to pet a pelican that was standing on the pier waiting for a handout. But, alas, I wouldn't let her get too close!


You can't go to Santa Barbara without visiting a really old Mission
Michelle and Lily on the steps of the mission
Wish I had caught the picture when she actually kissed this
statue...she wouldn't reenact it for me but she
did think that it was pretty.

Lily thought that staying in a hotel was so very fun
Then it was time to hit the hay.


I will blog on the rest of the weekend later. Just thought I'd get it started tonight. Now it is back
to real life and homework that needs to be done!! I think I prefer traveling, adventure and sleeping in a hotel!

No comments: