Wednesday, October 20, 2010

It's Gone

My daughter Michelle has been talking about doing this for a long time.
She kept telling me that she was going to go for it.
She kept telling me that she thought it was a good idea.
Michelle already donates her blood on a regular basis.
She is on the national bone marrow donor list.
She donates her time to take photos at events like the microcephaly convention and even talks of taking pictures for my hospice patients.
Yet, I was still a bit surprised when I came home and saw this:You see ~ Michelle has had long hair for a very long time. I think the last time I saw her with short hair she was in kindergarten. Today she cut off her long hair to donate to locks of love. She is always giving, always thinking of others.
Here is a recent 'before' picture taken just a couple of weeks ago:
This is all that is left:
She is as cute as ever!!
Here's the tail that is hopefully going to be made in to a wig for some child who has lost his or hers.
You make me proud Michelle. I love you even if your long hair is gone - I know that it won't change the person that you are!!
Debbie

1 comment:

Holly said...

That's great she did that!