Friday, October 22, 2010

Welcome Timothy Addison


Last Friday I had the privilege of being invited to attend the birth of another baby from my church...Timothy Addison was born Friday,
Oct 15, 2010 at 1857.

I became friends with Pam and her husband Paul quite a few years ago. They had two children who have since grown up and have started having their own children. Three years ago, their daughter Patricia had little Matthew. I didn't take care of her then - in fact I didn't really even know her that well but I was at the hospital hanging out with Pam and I did get to take pictures when Pam's first grandchild was born. Earlier this year, I was able to attend another of their grandson's birth - which I blogged about here.
Since then, I have gotten to know Pam's daughter Patricia better ~ so of course when Patricia asked me to take care of her I told her that I would make every effort to be there.

Patricia was scheduled for a repeat C/Section at 3:30 pm - and as luck would have it the day was a crazy day on our unit. I wasn't scheduled to work but since they were so busy they welcomed an additional set of hands. They couldn't even get Patricia started so I admitted her as soon as I was able to get to the hospital. We got a bit of a late start, then my camera wouldn't work (hence I had to wait until Patricia posted some pictures so that I could borrow them for my blog), we got 'bumped' out of the operating room not once - but twice! And finally a little after 6 pm we were finally able to think about getting Timothy delivered. Patricia wrote a cute little story about his delivery on her blog which you can click on and read. Patricia and her husband Paul were such good sports about all of the delays and unexpected happenings. Finally ~ after waiting past her due date and then 3 more long hours this fine looking infant was delivered:
Timothy is healthy and weighed in at 9 pounds 9 oz! Not sure where Patricia was hiding that baby...I never expected him to be that big. He came out screaming - I think he was a little upset that we took him out of his nice warm home.
I've talked to Patricia since her delivery and she says they are all doing fine. She seemed so much more relaxed this time around and is really enjoying her little family and new son.
Congratulations to Paul and Patricia - and the grandparents Paul and Pam. I hope that I get to be around for all of your family additions!!
Welcome to our world Timothy Addison. You are just adorable! May you continue to grow big and strong. I can't wait to see you at church and watch you grow in to the man God has made you to be.
Debbie


No comments: