Monday, June 6, 2011

Back to the Grind

It didn't take me long to fall right back in to the daily grind that I call life... I do wish at times that things were a little slower for me. Yet, I don't want to give up school and I have to work full time ~ so I just need to plan a little down time once in awhile.

This week I went to church on Sunday, then attempted to write a paper in the afternoon. I must have writer's block or something for it just hasn't fallen together (thankfully our instructor decided we didn't have to turn it in this week since so many people are struggling with the assignment).
I worked a full 12 hour shift yesterday.
I was at the hospital today for about 2 1/2 hours working with a comfort care patient and planning their birth. These meetings always wear me out just a bit for we are talking about tough things.
I came home, finished up some little school assignments, did the dishes, swept and am now just about ready to head to school for 4 hours.
Tomorrow and Thursday I work 12 hour shifts.
Friday, I have Lily all day :)
Saturday I work another full 12 our shift.
And Sunday will be my day to write the next paper.

I do find time to spend time with the kids though and even read a good book in the evening once in awhile. Sometimes I just sit out in the sun in my little backyard and watch the hummingbirds.
I would love to have more free time if I could.
Sometimes this daily grind really gets to me~
Debbie

1 comment:

amoryg said...

Hang in there!! You can do it and keep your eye on the light/prize!!! And frustrating times will be ahead.. but you have it in you!!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!! You are doing a great job!!

(These are the two things I always needed to hear when I was working full time and going to school full time.) :)