Tuesday, May 15, 2012

He Heard Hannah

 I recently finished reading He Heard Hannah by Lynnette Kraft and Courtney Becker.


I have been following Lynnette's blog for quite some time.  I was originally drawn to her blog as she is a mother that has suffered the loss of two of her sons.  One of them had anencephaly and one had a diaphragmatic hernia.  Since I work with parents like her I wanted to see how she copes and how she has gone on to live her life after the loss of those boys.   I have enjoyed getting to know her over the years that I have read her blog.

She not only had two boys die shortly after birth, but she was given the gift of a little girl, whom they named Anna.  Anna was born with a congenital heart defect.  Yet, she did not die at birth.  She lived and went home with her family.  Yes, she had a sick heart but she was a happy, joyful child.  She lived with her family for 6 1/2 years.

The book is jointly written by Lynnette and the 911 operator, Courtney Becker, who took the families call for help the day that Anna died.  Lynnette talks about her daughter, her life and the struggles of losing her.  Courtney talks about how Anna's death impacted him.  Courtney was so impacted by one little girl and her family that he accepted Christ through the whole experience.

Odd chapters in the book are written by Lynnette, even chapters by Courtney.  It is an easy read and you get drawn in by the vulnerability of both of them.  The resiliency of the human spirit flows through.
And you see how God weaves events for good and how two people learn to lean on God through their lives.  It is a story of redemption and transformation.

I enjoyed the book.  It was almost as if Lynnette was sitting in my living room telling me her life story.
I could hear her voice, her pain, and her faith in God's plan, even if that is not the plan she would have chosen.
Check it out~
Debbie


2 comments:

amoryg said...

Oh I would love to read it!!! I'll have to check it out. :)

Lynnette said...

Just in case I never thanked you for writing this - THANK YOU!

Love,
Lynnette