Sunday, May 20, 2012

I Wish

I was going to title this post, "I want".  But that sounds so self centered, so 'me focused'.
I'm in a bit of a funk.  A bit unsettled.  I'm not sure, why.  I think it has to do with working two jobs, going to school and dealing with a home that isn't quite put together.  I find myself wondering what else I could be doing.  I find myself wishing I were doing something else, or being somewhere else.

I wish:  (in no particular order)
 ~ that I could work part time
 ~ that I could sit around and read all of the books on my bedside table
 ~ that I did not have homework to do
 ~ that I lived in a house instead of a little condo
 ~ that I lived in a different state...just for a change
 ~ that I had a nice backyard for the dogs to play in
 ~ that my house wasn't so full of dog hair!
 ~ that I was on vacation - no where special, just relaxing and staying in a hotel
 ~ that I was visiting family in Ohio
 ~ that I was thinner
 ~ that I could do more for the underprivileged
 ~ that I could do short term missions trips to other countries
 ~ that I had a home where we could entertain
 ~ that I had lots of time to go out with my friends
 ~ that I could get my floors in without having to move everything

I wish, I wish, I wish...
Sounds so pathetic.  Maybe I really do just need to take a few days off and regroup.  But that is going to have to wait since I am right in the middle of training a new nurse.
I truly have so much to be grateful for, just in a funk and need an attitude check!
Debbie


1 comment:

amoryg said...

Big hugs!!!!! I think you are awesome and am so glad we have connected.