Friday, February 15, 2013

Glad That is Over

Taxes...
Ugh...

Getting our taxes done gives me heartburn every single time.

I know it is just one of those things we all have to do every year, but I find myself holding my breath each time we go in to get our taxes done.  I organize all of our write offs, I try to keep meticulous records and try to save every receipt.  But when I sit in that office, I just can't wait to be done and get the heck out of there.

We try to make a little date out of going to our tax appointment. 
We drive up to Burbank then go out to dinner on our way home...we either drown our sorrows or celebrate just a little bit.

Will we owe more than we already had taken out of our paychecks?
Will we get anything back?
What can I do to get a bigger return?
Oh my, I hate this appointment. (though I do like our tax man...it isn't him...it is the thought of having to pay more taxes).

I'm glad to say we survived the torture again this year. 
We came out ok and are getting a little bit back.  Now mind you, Dear Hubby and I both claim "single" so you'd hope we got something back but you never can be too hopeful!
Thankfully we were able to enjoy our dinner date ~


And on another note...look what I picked up earlier today:
Now it seems real.
I actually have a BSN!
Going to get this little piece of paper framed!!
Debbie

No comments: