Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Happy Birthday!

Today is my baby's 25th birthday! It is hard for me to believe that I have a child that is 25 years old. 25 is like an adult - able to make one's own decisions and live one's own life. Where did the time go?
I can remember giving birth to Jon like it was yesterday. I remember his cute little face and chubby thighs. How he had jaundice really bad and had to be hospitalized. But then he came home and we got in to our routine and I found out what true love was...
I remember how kind and caring he has always been even as a little boy. His kindergarten teacher still asks me about him and always says what a neat kid he was.
I remember the time he crashed in to a light pole while riding his bike because he was looking the other way - and the next day was photo day at school.
I remember him playing basketball, soccer and baseball before he fell in love with blading. I remember the time he was a goalie on his soccer team...but still scored a goal. I think everyone was so shocked that he left the net that they didn't know to stop him...!
I remember the broken bones - a broken collar bone from tripping over the dog and two broken arm bones from skating.
I remember the face plant and breaking off of his front teeth...needing stitches to his face and an emergency trip to the dentist late on a Saturday night.
I remember how he always wanted to take care of me and be the man of the house since I was a single mom...helping to care for his sisters too.
I could go on and on - for I just can't believe that I have been lucky enough to know Jon for the past 25 years. What an awesome experience it has been. He has grown in to a wonderful young man and I am proud to be his mom.

Happy Birthday Son!
He may be grown...but a kid still lives inside him and I don't think he will ever give up those blades!

And of course little Lilly needs to get in her words today too :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Couldn't have said it better myself. Truly amazing, isn't it? Wow, 25 years ago today, where'd the time go? I love being his Dad too!

Kimberly said...

Thank you both for the person I love most ♥