Thursday, January 10, 2008

quite a few newborns

17 Deliveries...all in one shift!

I didn't think I'd ever live to see the end of the day but that is how many babies we had yesterday. And amazingly not a bad thing happened, no nurse deliveries, it actually flowed quite smoothly and everyone got lunch! I sure got tired of hearing the phone ring..."I need Dr. so & so", "my patient is complete", " I can't take care of that other lady now can you watch her?", "My patient is going to the section room", "I need a table!". The best part of the day was seeing the night shift show up :)

So today my legs ache and so do my ankles - I think I may be getting too old for this job!

On another note...Jon and Kim called - they had another ultrasound done...they saw the face (baby is head down), the kidneys, the stomach, the placenta has a few white spots (aging) but her fluid level is 18 (very good - means the baby is healthy and the kidneys are working which means the placenta is working). But no - they still don't know the sex - we'll all find out the day the baby comes! Which is any day now... What a cute baby they are going to have!

No comments: