Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Happy Dance

I'm currently taking Nursing Assessment in school. We have so much homework and this week has been especially stressful for me as I have worked almost every day and haven't had time for homework.

My week looked something like this:
Tuesday - class until 10pm. Home and in bed by 11:30 pm.
Wednesday - met with a comfort care patient in the morning and had services for one of our comfort care babies in the afternoon (not much time for homework this day).
Thursday - work 12.5 hours
Friday - work 13 hours
Saturday - work 13 hours.  I don't get much homework done on work days for I am just too tired to concentrate when I get home. 
Oh and my house...the dust bunnies sure are growing...

Back to my week ~
Sunday - I worked on our big presentation for school. My group has to teach the rest of the class how to do an assessment on a child.  So, I did my portion of the power point, read, and also made a pamphlet to go with our presentation.  Looming over my head was the fact that I still needed to make two forum posts, write my assessment piece for the week and study for the mid-term.  (half of my study cards are already made but I still need to finish making the rest...I study best off of flash cards).  But, alas, it got to late and Monday was another work day so I headed off to bed.

Monday - worked a busy 12.5 hour day.  It's a baby boom around here.  Went home, poured myself a glass of wine and got to working on the rest of my mid-term flash cards.  Up till midnight - oh lucky me.  I'm starting to wonder why I ever chose to go back to school.

Tuesday - today...woke up with a headache (guess I was stressing about this dang test I have to take tonight.)  And the best part is~  I found out late Sunday that neuro and muscular are also on the exam though it wasn't on our study guide.  At least I knew a day ahead of time so I could add it to my flashcards.  My plan for the day....cram,cram,cram, run to Kinkos to print off my class pamphlets, cram, cram.  I have no life.  I am so going to fail this exam for it just isn't sinking in and I am horrible at name recall.  Give me a multiple choice or matching exam and I will do fine, but I know the exam is fill in and drawings. UGH!

I took a break to shower and check my email....It appears that a few students have emailed the instructor as the word has gotten out that neuro is also on the exam.  Seems no one knew that since it wasn't on the study guide and some people have complained.  Me, on the other hand, did not speak up but have just stressed about having one more thing to focus on.

Well...our instructor took a little pity on us...the test is going to be a take home exam.  Whoo-hoo! I am doing a happy dance!! A big sigh of relief!! I can totally feel the weight life right off of my shoulders. Now I may actually pass this exam!! I have my flash cards, I have studied, I know the information...and I can look up the name of something if I can't recall what it is. 
Happy dance, Happy dance, Happy dance.

I look at my husband and say, "want to grab a late lunch?'. 
Yeah, I do still have a tiny bit of a life!
Debbie

No comments: