Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I've been tagged

Thanks to fellow blogger Shannon Lott - I've been tagged. The rules are pretty simple - just answer a few question and then tag 5 other bloggers. It is sort of fun to read the answers.

What was I doing 10 years ago?
I was busy trying to raise 3 kids by myself and I was working the night shift (7p-7a). I'd get off work - get the kids to school and then sleep for about 5 hours. Oh , do I remember the hung-over feeling of no sleep!

Things on my to do list:
Today and tomorrow - make chicken soup for my sick friend Giselle, fix Erika's FASFA, finish Michelle's college stuff and register her for a test at CSULB. Tomorrow -play with Lilly!
This week - work and clean my house! UGH!
This year - that's a tough one since I hate planning and having things fall through.
Sometime in my life - go back to school and see the world. Do medical missions.

Bad habits:
Do I have bad habits???
I'm a little too anal about paperwork. I don't know how to say no very well and sometimes that gets me in to trouble.
I am a horrible housekeeper.

Places I have lived:
Yuma, Arizona
Santa Ana, Ca.
Moreno Valley, Ca.
Mission Viejo, Ca.
Tustin, Ca.
Orange, CA
and summers were spent in Bluffton, Ohio

Things most people don't know about me:
I always wanted to live on a farm (since the summers in Ohio).
I was bitten twice by the same hunting dog - scars to prove it...I don't think he liked me!
I am the second of 4 kids.
I love to take naps.
I was a single mom for over 10 years.
I am a grand-ma (there I said it!)
And like Shannon - I can talk about poop and other body functions without hesitation, often even over dinner. Us nurses are weird that way.

5 other people to tag:
triplecord photography
Alice Holbrook
Bethany Plumb
Jennalyn
His Creations blog

3 comments:

Shannon Lott said...

My goodness! Single mom of three...my mom was a single mom of two when we were young and now that I'm a mom, I can't believe how hard that must have been.

And then of course, I was sitting here laughing out loud at your poop comment and my husband came to see what was so funny. He just doesn't get it. At least I know who I want sitting at my dinner table:)

babyrndeb said...

anytime my friend! The guys may get grossed out but oh well!

His Creations Photography said...

You are one busy lady!! I too am trying to get Damion and Miranda to stop discussing bodily functions at the dinner table...they think it's great. But if you're a nurse, why not? :) 1) Thanks for tagging us! 2) When I read your comments about the medical mission and what you said about Africa, my heart jumped because of this: Last night, I was talking with my friend Peter from Zimbabwe. He was telling me that so many people are dying now because the nurses and dr's have left the country because they weren't being paid. The hospitals are closing. So, Peter and his church are trying to provide food and care for many of the AIDS patients that are dying, but a major hindrance is that they don't have gloves and are greatly concerned about coming into contact with the patient's open wounds. There is also no medication left in the country. I recorded him discussing it on video and would be happy to share it with you if you would like. Anyway, he is leaving to return to Zim on Wed, and I was wondering if you could possibly have any connections that would be able to provide rubber gloves for him to take back with hiM? I don't even know if that's a possibility, but I do hear and see the generosity of your desire to help the poor in your dept of expertise! If you want to contact me directly, my email is julie@hiscreations.com and our phone number is on the website. Thanks so much for your concern and care for those who are lacking! Sincerely, Julie