Thursday, December 2, 2010

December Already?

How in the world did it get to be December 2nd already?? I've already received Christmas cards and everyone seems to have decorations up but me...unless you count the little Christmas tree rug in the kitchen.
I am not a real big fan of the holidays. It is so much extra work, there are so many unrealistic expectations and so many other things that get added to the calendar. I know that many of my issues with the holidays come from the many years when I was a single mom and trying to "do it all". Trying to provide for the children, trying to make memories, trying to fit in to everyone else's 'ideal' Christmas...it was hard to maintain all of that.
Add working full time to all of that 'extra' stuff and it is easy to see why people go a little 'bonkers' at this time of year instead of just sitting back and enjoying what Christmas is really supposed to be about.
We so often forget that this is the time of year that we are to remember our Savior's birth...to celebrate that Jesus came as a baby to live on this earth, to humble himself and then to die for our sins. I wish we could get back to the simple truth of that and not worry so much about all of the other extra things...
I am actually doing better this year - I'm in no way ready for the holidays...but I'm not as stressed about it either.
Merry Christmas! Remember the Reason for the Season!!
Debbie

1 comment:

Holly said...

Hope you have a great Christmas season!