Sunday, February 6, 2011

Hume Lake


We went to a Hume Lake Vision Dinner this week.

We went with a couple of friends from church and made some new friends while we there.

Hume is very special to us...
I have spent many a summer there.
Buzz went there as a highschooler.
My girls went when they were in junior high and high school.
It is up in the Sequioa's, it is nature at it's finest - but even more than the natural beauty is the impact that the camp makes on many lives.

There is just something special about Hume Lake Christian Camp.

They have summer camps, winter camps, family camps, adult camps, couples camps, and even places you can just rent out for a get-a-way. They also have a camp now down in San Diego and are looking to open one on the east coast.

I have been on the per-diem staff there for many years. Camp nursing sure is different than hospital nursing!! When I work up there I often think harder than I do at my regular job and sometimes I have to really improvise and think fast. Like the night I got a knock on my door at 2 am with a sweet little lady saying, "I think my husband is having a heart attack". Now if that isn't enough to send an L&D nurse in to a frenzy, I don't know what is. (Actually, I maintained my calm, used my ACLS (advanced cardiac life support) skills and got the patient to the hospital in a timely fashion).

But this isn't about the work I do when I am up there, rather it is a chance for you to watch a video about the camp and get a glimpse of how they impact kids for Christ.
Click here to watch the Hume Lake Video - and if you ever have the chance to go to Hume, I would highly recommend it!
Debbie

No comments: