Friday, February 24, 2012

A Dog's Purpose

I am a big reader.
 I always have a book with me - rather it be a simple pleasure reading book or a more serious bibliography type book or lifestyle change book.  In fact ~ in the days before I went back to school, I belonged to a book club and that was a great way to discover new authors or read books that maybe I wouldn't have chosen.  When I travel, I always take more than one book with me and love to go to bookstores in different cities.  Now that I am busy with school I have less time for pleasure reading.   Most of my spare time is spent reading textbooks, yet I make sure to carve out time to pleasure read almost every day.  I'd much rather read a good book than watch TV.  But I don't often talk about the books that I am reading.  Today, I am going to break that trend...
A friend of mine from work recommended this book to me:
If you are a dog owner, or simply a dog lover then you have to read this book! 

It flows easily and speaks to the relationship of man (woman) and their dogs.  It is written from the viewpoint of the dog...and talks about how a dog can save a person and vice-versa how people can save dogs.  The dog in the book tries to figure out what his real purpose is ~ and mostly finds that his purpose is to love his humans (and in turn the humans love him).  This is one of the best books that I have read in awhile.  I can totally see my dog narrating this and doing all he can to please me.  It is one of those books that I just want to "read a few more pages" before I put it down.
Thanks Kim for suggesting this! As a fellow dog lover, I can see why you thought it was worth reading.
Debbie

1 comment:

amoryg said...

I will have to look for this at the library! I need a good, easy reading book. Thank you! :)