Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Motivation

We tried out a new church.  Actually, my daughter, Erika came home for the weekend and asked if we wanted to go to church with her. So we did. She has been attending Rock Harbor Orange.  It is a 'younger' church than ours with more contempory music and a different feel than our church.  They meet at Orange high school in the multipurpose room and  they are already outgrowing that space.  The church is a plant from the main Rock Harbor in Costa Mesa. Erika has been going there for awhile.  She started going while she was a student at Biola. Her boyfriend's brother is one of the main pastors. We went to hear Matt preach...but he didn't preach that day... guess we will have to go back again.

The pastor that did speak, spoke on MOTIVATION...
and that was something I guess I needed...

What is your motivation??
What drives you to get up each day?
What helps you to get through the mundane stuff you do every day?

Is it Jesus?

I've had to stop a look at my life and ask myself why I do the things I do.  Why do I desire to make a difference? Why do I work so hard? What is it that drives me?

I need to be more intentional. I need to have more purpose.  I don't want to be complaincent and just get up and go to work because I have to.  I want others to look at me and see a difference.  See a real purpose.
Haggai 1:5-7
5. Now therefore, thus says the LORD of hosts, "Consider your ways! 6. "You have sown much, but harvest little; you eat, but there is not enough to be satisfied; you drink, but there is not enough to become drunk; you put on clothing, but no one is warm enough; and he who earns, earns wages to put into a purse with holes." 7. Thus says the LORD of hosts, "Consider your ways!

I know that I can't be that kind of intentional type person on my own.  I will need to be in relationship with Jesus.  In order to  be purposeful, I need Him...
Zechariah 4:6Then he answered and said to me, "This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel saying, 'Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,' says the LORD of hosts.

I want to be different, set apart, distinct.
I peter 1:13-1513. Therefore, gird your minds for action, keep sober in spirit, fix your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. 14. As obedient children, do not be conformed to the former lusts which were yours in your ignorance, 15. but like the Holy One who called you, be holy yourselves also in all your behavior.

I want to have real motivation, real purpose.
I need to be able to use my platform - what ever that platform is.  I need to be open to being used by God where ever he has me planted. Whether it be here on this blog, at work, at school or with my family and friends.  To purpose to be different. To have real motivation.  To purpose to be set apart so that I can really make a difference...
Debbie

No comments: