Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Getting Closer

Finished one more class!!

Cultural Sensitivity and Nursing.  I really enjoyed this class and our instructor.  I learned alot about what other cultures believe and how nurses can care for them.  Wish I would have had this class sooner in my career.
It sparked or I should say it renewed my desire to travel and care for others internationally... so much so that I am seriously looking in to going on the next mission trip to Ecuador.  I've already requested the time off of work and have begun saving so that I can go.  Teams go out and perform surgeries and provide care for those that do not have access to care where they live.  One team just got back from India - I'd love to go on that team the next time around, or to Africa.

For now though I am going to relish in the fact that I am one more class closer to finishing this portion of my education!
Now it is on to community health.  We have to do 90 hours of clinicals so don't be surprised if I don't blog for the next 8 weeks of my life!  In addition to working full time, going to school and doing homework I will also being working at a birth clinic and observing at a NICU followup program.  The next 8 weeks are going to be tough...but I can do it.  Or at least I think I can...
Debbie

1 comment:

amoryg said...

Yay!!! Congratulations!!!! You can do it!! Then you need to come visit up here!