Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Rutabegorz

Yum ~ is all I really have to say!


My friend Heather and I went to lunch today at Rutabegorz.
We went to the one in Old Towne Orange - it is in a old converted house. We ate outside though since the weather was just perfect today!
I so needed the break. I had been working on statistics homework all morning and needed to take a mind cleanse! So when Heather asked, I gladly said yes.

Rutabegorz is a semi-vegetarian restaurant. They have so many salads and lots of healthy food choices that you can not find at other restaurants. They do have some meat dishes too~
I like to be adventurous when we go here - and one of my favorite items is their fondue. But it is served at night, and needs to be shared since the portion servings are so big. The menu reads like a newspaper - it has like 10 pages...almost too many choices for me! A page for drinks, two for salads, two for sandwiches and wraps, pasta meals, smoothies - you get th
e idea. It just goes on and on! I always have a hard time deciding what I want!!The salads are huge! This picture doesn't even do it justice. They are served in big plastic bowls and could easily be shared! Heather ordered a salad - it looked so yummy ~And I ordered off of the seasonal summer menu. I had roasted vegetable tacos (or twocos as they are called here - you get two - get it?!?) It had roasted zucchini, roasted bell peppers and onions, lettuce, cheese and a special sauce. It was messy but sure filled me up! The best part about going to lunch was catching up with my girlfriend, Heather. We can go weeks and months without seeing each other, then just start back off where we last talked :)
I met Heather years ago when I delivered her niece. She was not yet married back then. After she got married and starting having children she searched me out. I was lucky enough to care for her when she gave birth to all 3 of her boys.

I remember being taught in nursing school that you were not supposed to make friends with your patients. Patients are to be patients and your personal life is to be your personal life. Work and personal life should not mix. I am forever thankful that I did not listen to that advice! I would have missed out on so much if I had. We have a special relationship. Our friendship was forever sealed! My daughter, Michelle then went on to be a steady baby-sitter for her. Heather's boys are old enough now that they don't need Michelle to watch them anymore, but Heather and I will continue our friendship over the years...

Thanks for inviting me out today Heather - you knew that I needed the break and I am glad that you are my friend!!
Debbie

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Aaawwww, this is cute!! ;) Your post was on Ruta's FB neewsfeed! Look at you Miss Famous! (mmmmmmm, garlic chicken salad!!!)



Melanie S.