Saturday, June 26, 2010

An Important Break

I needed to take a few days break from being on line...mostly due to the fact that I've had a sick daughter here at home. Yes, she came home from the hospital and was doing a bit better but there have also been some set backs. She saw her doctor on Thursday ~ and part of the abscess had turned necrotic (dead) so he had to remove part of it. While removing the dead area - it left an open wound. So, of course Erika's pain has been quite high. I had to call her doctor and he obliged by ordering her dilaudid - which seemed to do the trick. Today was the first 'good' day she has had. She was able to eat and the pain was controlled with medication. We were even able to get out of the house for a little bit.

In the meantime - I got tagged so I just thought I'd do that for my post today since I am almost too tired to go in to all of the details of this week.

1.What was the last thing you put in your mouth? - popcorn

2.Where was your profile picture taken? - at my wedding rehearsal dinner(guess I should update the photo!)

3.Can you play Guitar Hero? - never tried, don't really have much interest in trying.

4.Name someone who made you laugh today? - my niece Kaitlyn

5.How late did you stay up last night and why? - 11:30. On 'vacation', if that is what you want to call this week! And had too much to do so I didn't get to bed very early

6.If you could move somewhere else, would you? -yes - would move to Oregon and have a little land and a horse!

7. Ever been kissed under fireworks? - yep,first date with my husband, which was at Disneyland.

8. Which of your friends lives closest to you? - the Kuykendalls

9. Do you believe ex's can be friends? - for sure, Randy and I are a prime example. It was way better for our children that way.

10. How do you feel about Dr Pepper? - I like it, infact had a glass today

11. When was the last time you cried really hard? - really hard?? don't remember when. I tend to stuff my feelings

12. Who took your profile picture? - my daughter

13. Who was the last person you took a picture of? - Lily

14. Was yesterday better than today? - No, today was better since Erika felt better

15. Can you live a day without TV? - of course, I hardly watch TV

16. Are you upset about anything? - not at the moment

17. Do you think relationships are ever really worth it? - of course!

18. Are you a bad influence? - I would hope not

19. Night out or night in? - night in

20. What item could you not go without during the day? - my cell phone

21. Who was the last person you visited in the hospital? - Erika

22. What does the last text message in your inbox say? - a text from my son Jon asking how Lily was doing since I was babysitting today.

23. How do you feel about your life right now? - it is good

24. Do you hate anyone? - Naw

25. If we were to look in your Facebook inbox, what would we find? - lots of old messages

26. Say you were given a drug test right now, would you pass? - absolutely

27. Has anyone ever called you perfect before? - um yes...especially in regards to paperwork at work

28. What song is stuck in your head? - A song from the movie Spirit

29. Someone knocks on your window at 2:00 a.m., who would it to be? - I'd hope my son..not some emergency

30.Wanna have grandkids by the time you're 50? - already have one and it has been a very good thing :)

31. Name something you have to do tomorrow? - finish last minute details for my parents 50th anniversary party, get Lily a dress, go to a 50th b-day party and then to my parents for a get together with family that are flying in tomorrow.

32. Do you smile alot? - yes, I think so

Now to tag a few friends...Holly, Bethany, Heather and Alice!

Debbie

1 comment:

Holly said...

I really hope that the wound heals ok. I bet it is painful!! Thanks for the little tidbits about you!! :)