Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Crazy, Crazy, Crazy

The last couple of days have been filled with last minute wedding prep and errands.
I am so glad that I chose to take the week off of work and have been able to help Erika get ready to be Mrs. McKinney.
(Well, I am 'on-call' for a friend from church that is due this week and I have received phone calls from another special patient that has been going through a tough loss but other than that I am not working!)

My house has exploded in wedding stuff...wedding gifts, wedding decor, clothes hanging on every door jam and extra people (plus a dog) at my house.

My sister and her children and here from Oregon and my Aunt and Uncle flew in from Ohio today. We have been running back and forth to my parents house to visit and celebrate. 
Thank you Mom for cooking each night for all of us since this week has been a little on the crazy side!

It has been a bit overwhelming and I have had early mornings and late nights.
I'm actually a little amazed at how much we have accomplished these past few days.
Writing a nightly list has helped me stay on track.  And I love that feeling you get when you get to scratch things off the list and write 'Done' next to it.

I know it will soon be over and I will probably miss the chaos...

Tomorrow is mani / pedi day for the bridal party and family.
Plus the rehearsal dinner.
I want to just enjoy these last couple of days.

I still can't believe that I have a daughter that is getting married.  She has done a great job with all of the planning and with all of the decor.  She has done so much of it by hand.  She put together most of the decorations and even made all of her invitations.  She is ready to be married.......

I love you baby girl and look forward to watching you walk down the aisle.
You are going to be so beautiful that day - just as you are everyday.
And I know that Tim's face will light up as he see you for the first time walking towards him.
You have picked a good man.
I keep telling myself that I am not loosing a daughter - rather I am gaining a son.
I will try not to cry too much on your special day ~
I love you with all of my heart.
Mom
(Debbie)

No comments: